We’re seeking a Research Associate I with a strong background in molecular biology lab techniques, who can support our research and development programs and client projects. At Digital Proteomics you’ll have the opportunity to learn cutting-edge techniques for antibody and B cell analysis.
- Conduct lab work under the general direction of your supervisor.
- Recognize potential problems in order to understand and troubleshoot assays.
- Communicate clearly through an electronic lab notebook the protocols used and experimental results.
- Maintain an organized lab and work space.
- Collaborate with assay development scientists, bioinformatics scientists, and vendors to optimize and automate workflows.
- B.S. in biochemistry, biology, genomics or similar field.
- 0-2 years post-undergraduate experience in life sciences.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, PCR, and gel electrophoresis.
- Flexibility and curiosity to learn new techniques and workflows.
- Experience with preparing libraries for the Illumina MiSeq system.
- Experience in protein expression.
- Experience in protein chemistry and purification.
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practices.
- Full-time, M-F, 9am-5pm
- Located in San Diego, CA
- Competitive health and dental plans
- Employer retirement plan
- Flexible vacation
If you are interested in developing new tools to unlock the immune system, please apply by sending your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.